We’re looking for a copywriter and content strategist with demonstrated managerial experience to lead our copy team. The ideal candidate can help facilitate collaboration across copy and design teams and has experience with a wide range of content types. You must be adaptable—ready to shift from detailed copy reviews into strategic conversations with our clients at the drop of a hat.
At Design in Mind, you’ll have the ability to be hands-on with our clients, define the approach to copy, and set clear expectations for all content strategy & copywriting projects. You’ll help define and drive the future of content services at Design in Mind.
You’re quick to provide thoughtful insights and present your work, and never lose sight of larger project objectives. You must think conceptually, love language, and believe big ideas are best when clear and concise.
Most challenging of all: we need someone who understands the challenges of applying copy to design and the experience to understand the role that messaging plays in brand development.
The position will require ongoing research to stay on top of content marketing trends and best practices, as well as to learn niche vocabulary per industry. You must work well under pressure (and competing deadlines), be eager to share ideas and constructive criticism with your team, and believe that success is best when it is shared.
This role will involve a combination of directing, writing, and editing, content across various materials including: brand narratives, display ads, landing pages/websites, blogs, presentation decks, marketing emails, social media, formal reports, e-books, etc. A portfolio that proves your range must be included with your application
If you’re looking to work hard, collaborate, and make every word count, let’s talk.
- Edit, proofread, and improve work submitted by our writer(s)
- Manage contributing writer(s) and develop repeatable processes, workflows, and content templates that will keep the team nimble and efficient
- Lead strategic conversations and reviews with key clients
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of how to align voice, tone, and messaging with business objectives, target audiences, and brand guidelines
- Stay accountable for content quality and successful project outcomes that meet client goals
- Write clear and engaging copy for a broad range of project types
- Collaborate with our copy team, project managers, designers, clients, and external vendors to ensure quality output throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide regular performance feedback, check-ins, and guidance for our staff writer and identify opportunities for growth
- Work with the Director to align messaging priorities to specific development and brand goals
- Identify opportunities for Design in Mind to expand its content services, and ensure we are set up to serve the evolving needs of our clients
- Help refine our agency’s brand voice and messaging for primary marketing & sales materials
- Research products, companies, and topics as needed to deliver unique and accurate insights that span industries
- Self-motivated and flexible, with the stamina and agility to shift priorities as new challenges arise
- Proven leadership skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Resilient to (and accepting of) constructive criticism
- Exceptional reading, writing, and copyediting skills
- Ability to collaborate with writers and designers
- Excellent project and people management skills
- 4 years professional experience as a copywriter, content strategist, journalist, marketing manager, or related role with hands-on writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years leadership experience, overseeing the work of other writers
- 1–2 years copywriting experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, and/or biotech industries (preferred)
- Writing samples or portfolio link (applications submitted without samples will not be considered)
- Project management experience a plus
- Experience writing copy for ad campaigns, social media, and websites
- Experience receiving feedback and proposing solutions that meet new objectives, while retaining the integrity of the original idea
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to communicate with colleagues, clients, and outside vendors; excited to collaborate and leverage the knowledge of others
- Ability to present ideas verbally and explain rationale behind copy directions
- Maintain a positive attitude and professionalism
- Desire to work in a creative, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Logical, yet imaginative
- Eager to broaden skills and experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to direct and follow process
- Proficiency with G Suite and Office tools
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite & Figma a plus
- Strong interest or experience in branding and the design industry